Cool eventsSee all »
- Ben & Jerry's
- Cédric Chevalley
- fund raising
- La Chaux-de-Fonds
- nail polish
- Hendrick’s Gin Valentine’s Special: Heart-Shaped Cucumbers
- CharacterStation.com brings cool Designer Toys to Switzerland!
- Samsung News: Usain Bolt Joins Forces with Samsung
- Mise à jour: when your wardrobe needs an update
- Alp ICT Lift Venture Night: and the winner is… Faceshift
- Fifty Shades of Grey: a word-of-mouth propelled internet success story
- gites de france on Samsung News: Usain Bolt Joins Forces with Samsung
- Eileen Schuch on Hendrick’s Gin Valentine’s Special: Heart-Shaped Cucumbers
- Eileen Schuch on CharacterStation.com brings cool Designer Toys to Switzerland!
- LondonJames on Hendrick’s Gin Valentine’s Special: Heart-Shaped Cucumbers
- LondonJames on CharacterStation.com brings cool Designer Toys to Switzerland!
Cool, the Champagne Breakfast at Hotel Bristol in Geneva!
Wow, -10° this morning with an ice-cold breeze blowing through Geneva. Luckily the breakfast at the Bristol definitely was worth it: a warm and kind welcome, the decor of this great hotel is very cosy and one has the impression that time stands still…
Very few people take their breakfast here this morning, only a couple of business men and women that pass by quickly. Other than that just a table with people that have obviously met to talk about business and who take the time to appreciate the moment.
The atmosphere is comfy, accompanied with life harp music. I savour the buffet that is composed of high quality ingredients. A special mention goes out to the freshly pressed orange juice! Also at discretion: delicious salmon, scrambled eggs, something savoury, something sweet, and, of course, the classic cortege of scones and pastries… You can have fried egg and hot drinks freshly prepared. All you have to do is ask one of the friendly staff for it. I have particularly liked the hot chocolate as it is distinctive, not as average as you often find it to be elsewhere. The choice of different teas is also remarkable.
The champagne is available at the buffet, chilled and at discretion it contributes to the convivial, festive atmosphere. However, better not overdo it when your stomach is still empty!
If you have something to celebrate or simply want to escape the rat race, if you want to be pampered, talk business or change from the usual breakfast of filtered coffee and dry bread, the breakfast at the Bristol (CHF 36.- ) is for you! On the weekend it is recommended to reserve, though.
Clotilde Marsault, buzzmaker for coolbrands.ch
This post is also available in: French